Distance Education under L.N. Mithila University, Kameshwarnagar Darbhanga was started on 07/02/1998 by the order of vice memo no -P/D 54-139/98 at 07/02/98 the letter issued by the Development Officer, L.N. Mithila University, Kameshwarnagar Darbhanga status that the teaching of Distance Education will be started from the session 1998-99.
Dr. Harendra Singh Controller of examination, L.N.M.U Darbhanga was appointed Director in charge of the Directorate of Distance Education and was assed to formulate and prepare the proposal for starting Distance Education from a session 1998-99 in consultation will the Advisory committee duly approved by the Vice - Chancellor.
The objectives of the scheme of Distance Education has been laid down by U.G.C under the guidelines 8th plan and in the 9th plan.
- To improve excellence & expertise in respective field
- To infuse vein of all about teaching effort through distance mode with universal plan & preparedness for future
- To enhance & develop skills, knowledge to solve the riddles
- To improve rationality & integrity in human behavior through commitment devotion & zeal for work
- To develop mind, meaning & multidimensional knowledge
Correspondence Course Institute
One salient point with objective of opening of Correspondence Courses Institute is to provide opportunities to those persons of the society for getting higher education up gradation of skills and qualifications who are and have been deprived of, to get it in conventional manner.
As the University will have a sound financial foundation in Bihar apart from Nalanda open University the Patna University has opened this scheme and in the country this scheme has been proved to be a successful and popular scheme through IGNOU, Delhi University, Anonvra University Annamalae University, Chennai etc.
It is only because that University having limited number of seats in the particular discipline and stream of the subject. Also due to Economic backward has this scheme has also been popular with a motto of Learn While Earn for the working classes and they are benefited for their up gradation of career by improving their skills and knowledge after acquiring their degrees without loss of five and with the base background of their financial support.
Professional Subjects (Courses) will be undertaken from coming Year in terms Of Distance Education
- Diploma In Management.
- Master of Business Administration.
- P.G. Diploma in Human Resource
- P.G. Diploma in Financial Management
- Master in Computer Applications
- Bachelor in Computer Applications.
- Diploma in Computer in office Management.
- Rural Marketing Management
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Certificate in Tourism Studies
- Courses on Gandhian Thought
- Environmental Science
These courses will be revised from time to time by the core committee, named as Advisory committee/ Council duly constituted by the Vice - Chancellor.
Advisory Council of Distance Education-